Note: Anything in Quotes is a direct Quote from the book.
Chapter 2 — Desire: The Turning Point of All Achievement
The First Step toward Riches
- When you have a burning desire to achieve something, you must give everything you have in order to fulfill that desire.
- If you do not fulfill that desire, you will regret it on your deathbed, and that is the worst feeling a human can ever face.
- Perseverance is one of the keys of success. You must work harder than most people and you will eventually surpass most people.
- “The greatest weakness of Man is the lack of Self-Confidence.”
- “Dreams are the seedlings of reality. You must dream of your goal so heavily that no power in the world could ever stop you.”
Chapter 3 — Faith Visualization of, and Belief in Attainment of Desire
The Second Step toward Riches
- “Faith is the starting point of all accumulation of riches.”
- “ALL THOUGHTS WHICH HAVE BEEN EMOTIONALIZED, (given feeling) AND MIXED WITH FAITH, begin immediately to translate themselves into their physical equivalent or counterpart. ”
- Have strong feelings attached to your dream/belief, and work towards it like it is the most important thing in the world.
- Whatever you believe, it instantly becomes the truth for you.
- The primary step to inevitable success is believing. “He who says he can and he who says he can’t are both usually right” – Confucius.
Chapter 4 — Auto-Suggestion the Medium for Influencing the Subconscious Mind
The Third Step toward Riches
- Auto-Suggestion is basically the subconscious mind, and what it suggests you to do.
- It is very important to train your brain to think positively, because if your subconscious mind believes something it will automatically work towards it.
- “NO THOUGHT, whether it be negative or positive, CAN ENTER THE SUBCONSCIOUS
MIND WITHOUT THE AID OF THE PRINCIPLE OF AUTO-SUGGESTION,
with the exception of thoughts picked up from the ether.”
- “Your ability to use the principle of autosuggestion will depend, very largely, upon your capacity to CONCENTRATE upon a given DESIRE until that desire becomes a BURNING OBSESSION. ”
- Train your mind to think, if you do not achieve your desire then you will be empty, and you need to accomplish it for the sake of your happiness.
Chapter 5 — Specialized Knowledge, Personal Experiences or Observations
The Fourth Step toward Riches.
- “THERE are two kinds of knowledge. One is general, the other is specialized. General knowledge, no matter how great in quantity or variety it may be, is of but little use in the accumulation of money.”
- Focus on the use/application of the knowledge acquired rather than just keeping it in your mind.
- The more specialized your knowledge is, the more people who require you.
- Become as good as you can in your field of specialized knowledge, and you will be much more successful than having general knowledge.
- Example: It is better to become a specific neurologist or some other specific type of doctor, rather than a general family doctor.
- “This “missing link” in all systems of education known to civilization today, may be found in the failure of educational institutions to teach their students HOW TO ORGANIZE AND USE KNOWLEDGE AFTER THEY ACQUIRE IT. ”
- You must also know where to get specialized knowledge.
Chapter 6 — Imagination: the Workshop of the Mind
The Fifth Step toward Riches
- “It has been said that man can create anything which he can imagine. ”
- Anybody till today who has used their imagination and skillset to make something that is very valuable to people has earned handsome sums of money. This rule applies throughout the existence of humans.
- “MAN’S ONLY LIMITATION, within reason, LIES IN HIS DEVELOPMENT AND USE OF HIS IMAGINATION.”
- There are two types of imagination: Synthetic Imagination, and Creative Imagination.
- Synthetic Imagination - This type of imagination doesn’t create any new concepts instead just works with old concepts to develop them to their ultimate potential. Creative Imagination- This type of imagination creates various new and revolutionary ideas that has the potential to make the world a better place.
Chapter 7 — Organized Planning, the Crystallization of Desire into Action
The Sixth Step toward Riches
- After you have visualized your idea, you must take steps and plan how you are going to execute your plan.
- “If the first plan which you adopt does not work successfully, replace it with a new plan, if this new plan fails to work, replace it, in turn with still another, and so on, until you find a plan which DOES WORK. Right here is the point at which the majority of men meet with failure, because of their lack of PERSISTENCE in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail. ”
- You must set yourself daily goals that you can accomplish in a day, and work towards finishing them. Once one goal is accomplished, you should set even larger goals that will help you reach the level that you have visualized yourself at.
Chapter 8 — Decision: the Mastery of Procrastination
The Seventh Step toward Riches
- Make your own decisions and do not let any other source persuade you to change your decision.
- Once you have built a strong entrepreneurial mindset, you will be forced in many ways to give that up, but you must always stay strong, and not be persuaded.
- Go against the wave: If a load of unsuccessful people are telling you to do something, it would be best to ignore that advice, and take advice from highly successful people or people who have a lot of expertise in a certain area.
- When you follow someone’s advice, you are trying to model them, this is why it is best to take advice for successful entrepreneurs online, as there are a load of resources available.
Chapter 9 — Persistence: the Sustained Effort Necessary to Induce Faith
The Eighth Step toward Riches
- Thomas Edison had about 1,000 failures before he was successful in creating the light bulb, something nobody had ever thought about during that time.
- “Will-power and desire, when properly combined, make an irresistible pair. Men who accumulate great fortunes are generally known as cold-blooded, and sometimes ruthless. Often they are misunderstood. What they have is will-power, which they mix with persistence, and place back of their desires to insure the attainment of their objectives. ”
- When you have a burning desire to achieve something, you must achieve it no matter how many challenges you have to overcome. If you truly want something in life, you must go after it, because it won’t be handed out, you will have to earn it.
- “If you find yourself lacking in persistence, this weakness may be remedied by building a stronger fire under your desires. ”
- Make your desire stronger, and you will automatically find yourself putting in more effort to achieve your goal.
Chapter 10 — Power of the Master Mind: the Driving Force
The Ninth Step toward Riches
- “ANYBODY can WISH for riches, and most people do, but only a few know that a definite plan, plus a BURNING DESIRE for wealth, are the only dependable means of accumulating wealth. ”
- Power in this case, means the application of specific knowledge with a combination of organization and planning which leads to the monetary equivalent of the amount of hard work that you put in.
- If you have the willpower to go through the challenges, and achieve your desires with hard work, you will immediately start to attract riches.
Chapter 11 — The Mystery of Sex Transmutation
The Tenth Step toward Riches
- “The emotion of sex has back of it the possibility of three constructive potentialities, they are:- 1. The perpetuation of mankind. 2. The maintenance of health, (as a therapeutic agency, it has no equal). 3. The transformation of mediocrity into genius through transmutation. ”
- “Sex transmutation is simple and easily explained. It means the switching of the mind from thoughts of physical expression, to thoughts of some other nature. ”
- Basically, this is about converting your strong sexual desires into other types of desires.
- “Take women out of their lives, and great wealth would be useless to most men. It is this inherent desire of man to please woman, which gives woman the power to make or break a man.”
- “No man is happy or complete without the modifying influence of the right woman.”
- You must also have a love life besides your business and work life, just to balance out your happiness.
Chapter 12 — The Subconscious Mind: The Connecting Link
The Eleventh Step toward Riches
- “You cannot entirely control your subconscious mind, but you can voluntarily hand over to it any plan, desire, or purpose which you wish transformed into concrete form.”
- The subconscious mind works on something that you truly desire in your heart, day and night. If you desire to startup a company, but you are still looking for the idea, your subconscious mind will make you think about that idea for 24x7, until you finally reach your goal, and are successful.
- You have to fit it in your mind, that when you want something, you will have to go get it, and this will help you a lot in order to achieve your ultimate goal.
- The subconscious mind will not remain idle! If you fail to plant DESIRES in your subconscious mind, it will feed upon the thoughts which reach it as the result of your neglect.
Chapter 13 — The Brain: A Broadcasting and Receiving Station for Thought
The Twelfth Step toward Riches
- “The emotion of sex stands at the head of the list of human emotions, as far as intensity and driving force are concerned. The brain which has been stimulated by the emotion of sex, vibrates at a much more rapid rate than it does when that emotion is quiescent or absent. The result of sex transmutation, is the increase of the rate of vibration of thoughts to such a pitch that the Creative Imagination becomes highly receptive to ideas, which it picks up from the ether. ”
- “The Greatest Forces Are Intangible.”
- We are constantly receiving information from those around us. We have subconsciously figured out who we should listen to, and who should be blocked out from our mind. These are vibrational habits; either positive or negative. Sometimes someone else’s comment or idea will get caught in our mind. You might consider it to be your thought, but in reality it was somebody else who planted that thought in your mind.
Chapter 14 — The Sixth Sense: The Door to the Temple of Wisdom
The Thirteenth Step toward Riches
- “The SIXTH SENSE is that portion of the subconscious mind which has been referred to as the Creative Imagination. It has also been referred to as the ‘receiving set’ through which ideas, plans, and thoughts flash into the mind. The “flashes” are sometimes called ‘hunches’ or ‘inspirations.’ ”
- The 6th sense is basically another instinct of yours, the instinct of guessing, or predicting the future. This is based on all the analysis that your subconscious mind does, and you reach a conclusion based on all of your evidence.
- This sense can help you a lot, if you are working in the field of investing and you need to make predictions on whether the market will go up, down or stay stagnant.
- Nearly all great leaders, such as Napoleon, Bismark, Joan of Arc, Christ, Buddha, Confucius, and Mohammed, understood, and probably made use of the sixth sense almost continuously. The major portion of their greatness consisted of their knowledge of this principle.
This Chapter has to be read to completely understand this principle.
Chapter 15 — How to Outwit the Six Ghosts of Fear
- THE SIX BASIC FEARS There are six basic fears, with some combination of which every human suffers at one time or another. Most people are fortunate if they do not suffer from the entire six. Named in the order of their most common appearance, they are:-
- The fear of POVERTY: This kind of fear keeps you going, and not stopping because you know if you don’t make it, you will become poor, and that is something nobody really wants.
- The fear of CRITICISM: This is the kind of fear that helps you make yourself better for most of the time. The other times it is used to make you feel like you are less than everybody and destroy your happiness. But, if you can take criticism and not care about what others think about you, you are on the path to success.
- The fear of ILL HEALTH and The fear of DEATH: “In the main, man fears ill health because of the terrible pictures which have been planted in his mind of what may happen if death should overtake him. He also fears it because of the economic toll which it may claim. ”
- The fear of LOSS OF LOVE OF SOMEONE: This is the kind of fear that keeps us from doing things that might affect the love that we receive from our close family members.
- The fear of OLD AGE: This is the kind of fear that allows us to live the moments to the fullest because, we know that what we can do now, we will never be able to do in the future.